Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up...

I'll hit the highlights...

Jude and Joel welomed the beginning of their weekend with a fun 'Crazy Hat Day' at school last Friday. I absolutely LOVE a good theme day and clearly J&J do, too! They got to wear their Woody shirts and hats (Thanks to Mimi Howerton!) and we sealed the outfit with their boots!! They were a hit!

While the boys were at school & Jon was home doing yardwork and other outdoor chores, I used my off-Friday to attend volunteer orientation at the North Texas Humane Society. I am officially an active volunteer! It was heartbreakingly rewarding experience! Jon jokingly threatened that if I came home with another animal, he would NOT be happy with me AT ALL! So...I just walked, played with and loved on all of the animals. Such sweeties!! The hours flew by! My heart has always gone out to animals, mainly b/c they have similar feelings to us but are unable to communicate them! *tear* I'll definitely be back for more fur baby loving!
As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.    - 1 Peter 4:10-11

"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:35
But the greatest among you shall be your servant. - Matthew 23:11
If therefore there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.  - Philippians 2:1-4

Here's a very tired, very sweaty selfie I took just before going home...it was H-O-T outside & I had not taken a seat in over 6 hours!! 
  The Lange's and Dilley's were coming over in a couple hours for dinner (Steaks prepared by my handsome hubster!) and I was so looking forward to it...and a shower! :)


Saturday afternoon the SRC youth (3rd-6th grade) held a car wash at Chicken Express to raise money for their upcoming camp. The 4R needed a bath and we can always grub on some lunch at Chicken E! The boys were super excited they got to "help" wash for a little bit. Haha.

Mmmm, Chicken! With a full bellie and tired eyes, it was definitely nap time!

J&J woke up to a full house! G-dad, Gigi, Mike, Staci, Allen & Austin were all over! It was time to beat the heat and have some fun at the POOL!!


By request, homemade pizza was the Saturday dinner menu! Jude is always there to "help" cook! I love his little proud face! Such a sweetie! ♥

Happy boys are my favorite!! ♥
Love them so much!! ♥
The pizza was A-MAZING!! And, BONUS...We even had enough dough left over to make homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I didn't even have time to snap a pic of them...they were gone stat!


Family left pretty early Sunday morning (just after breakfast) and we enjoyed a wonderful typical Sunday...church, lunch, naps, chores (laundry, grocery store), played a bit...dinner, popsicles, bed time!


It was nice to be at home for a full off-friday 3 day weekend after being out of town so much lately. ♥♥ I love my home & family...there was really nowhere else I wanted to be! ♥♥

Much Love,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment