Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A moment to focus on Jude Bug

I was trying to think of some key words I would use to describe my little Jude bug these days but honestly, pick a word! One minute he’s dramatic and emotional, the very next he’s happy and go with the flow. One minute he’s hiding behind my leg being shy, the very next he’s saying hi to strangers walking by. He’s such a funny little boy & definitely very full of life! I genuinely can’t get enough of him!

Social – He’s a good mix of Jon and me. He loves a great time but doesn’t always have to be around people. He’s just as content watching an episode of Jake & The Neverland Pirates or Mickey as he is to be playing outside with his friends. He’s pretty easy going in that aspect. Jon is definitely his pick for a playmate these days if he were to have the choice…which melts my heart!
♥ Daddy & Jude ♥ Best Buds ♥

 Musician in the making – He LOVES to sing and play instruments! I constantly catch him looking at Jon’s guitar and giving it the occasional strum as if he genuinely just couldn’t help himself!

Here’s a video of him playing & singing to us last night…
Playing a guitar at Grandma Box's House
Tantrums - OH THE TANTRUMS! If I pour apple juice and he forgot he really wanted chocolate milk, the world just might end! If I buckle his seat belt when he wanted to do it himself...it's on! Typically, If I get down to his level, look him in the eyes and can get him to converse early on in the tantrum, I usually have a shot at calming him and regaining normalcy. If I ignore him, it pretty much frames the mood for the rest of the day. I pray it’s a phase. I pray for patience.

We almost turned around and went back to the hotel the day of our Disneyland adventure due to early morning tantrums. Luckily, threats worked and the day was back on track quickly! LOL.


I would say 90% of the time, Jude is just a happy sweet fun loving 3 1/2 year old boy! He loves to laugh as much as he loves to make others laugh and he's pretty good at it! He hates dissapointing us and is pretty sweet to share with everyone, even his younger brother! He truly enjoys learning (melts my heart that he's actively asking about Jesus!)... He asks a million + one questions a day and doesn't settle for simple answers that don't make sense. He loves animals. He loves dirt. He loves water. He loves helping his daddy with projects. He loves helping anyone in the kitchen...with cooking, not cleaning to be clear. He loves his family!
♥Playing around with mommy
♥ Can't get enough of this smile



Eating – Still somewhat picky but he eats pretty healthy! Things he won’t eat – buns, mac n cheese, scrambled eggs or mashed potatoes. His favorites – Cereal (often for dinner), Waffles, hot dogs (w/o a bun), craisins, cheetos, yogurt, fruit (grapes, apple slices, watermelon, strawberries), chicken nuggets, spaghetti & pizza. And, I don’t think he’ll ever stop asking for “treasure treats” (candy) every chance he has!

Bedtime - getting easier! He definitely doesn’t fight going to bed at night like he used to. Sure, he’ll resist a little but once he knows we mean business, he cooperates for the most part…as long as routine happens (bath if need be, teeth brushed, 2 stories read – one of his or Joel’s choice and one from the boy’s bible book, prayers and then hop in bed)! Jude seems to require more sleep than Joel. He typically falls asleep about 30 mins before Joel and he sleeps in up to an hour later!

  School – He moved up to the older 3 year old class the beginning of June and has been loving it!! Several of his buddies stayed behind in the younger 3’s class so he misses them but I was thankful his BFF, Bryce, moved up with him! His new teachers are great (so were his past teachers) and they do some really fun stuff in class! I love all the summer theme days, too!! This Friday is “wear Camo to support your troops!”

♥ Self Portrait
Me: Why'd you color your face black?
Jude: Umm, b/c I wanted to be black
Me: ah, ok...cool! Why'd you color your eyes green?
Jude: Umm... b/c they're going to turn green tomorrow
Haha, that kid! Cracks me up!





No comments:

Post a Comment