Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 4, Cali: So Hollywood!

We woke up bright & early on day 4(as usual) ready for another fun-filled day! We reserved a hotel in Anaheim that night(so we could wake up & head to Disneyland Wed) so we figured we would sight see that direction & land at the hotel.
Here's a shot of the boys ready to go sporting their patriotic tanks Diane bought them. So sweet of her!  
I had mentioned to Jon that I wanted to see LA area if we had time. He's been to LA so it was no biggie to him but ofcourse, he made the {{exhaustingly long with crazy amounts of traffic}} trip to show me! I will always be thankful! He hates traffic & California is not short on stupid drivers. :-P
Our first stop once in LA was an impromptu hike up to see The HOLLYWOOD sign! We had planned on driving around to get the best photo we could when we stumbled upon a state park with a hiking trail! I packed one sundress and ofcourse, I picked that day to wear it with sandals! Haha. I managed fine and it was totally worth the stop!
Hello HOLLYWOOD!! {Thumbs Up}
{{Look close...the sign is WAY in the background!}}

{{Jude hiking with daddy ♥ }}
It's so wild that we were in the middle of a crazy busy {smoggy} city & then after driving 2 miles-ish up a hill & hiking up maybe a quarter mile on a trail we find this view of the "Hollywood Hills"
{{Snagging a kiss from my love bug, Joel! ♥♥♥}}
J&J had a blast getting absolutely filthy! They are true boys! Give them rocks, dirt & a hill and they are in Heaven! 

After finishing up our hiking "adventure," we drove into Beverly Hills to see RODEO Drive & look for stars! :) I must have been looking so hard I forgot to snap some shots with my iPhone. I'll upload pics I took with my Rebel later. As hard as I looked, I was unsuccessful in a star sighting. Next time... ;-)
We made a pit stop at Starbucks {Beverly Hills} to change clothes, diapers and to treat ourselves after several hours in the car! The boys chose cake pops & Jon and I got our usual Mocha Fraps!

Joel had inhaled his cake pop by the time I got my camera out, haha. I couldn't believe it so I had him show me. Yep, sure enough! The boy can eat some cake!!
Back on the road...
We checked into our hotel in Anaheim around 6:00, dropped off our bags & headed to Downtown Disney! The boys were exhausted so we just had dinner & walked around for a quick bit.




Both the boys were passed out before we got to the hotel! 🎉 We were praying for a good night's sleep for all...which we got! J&J slept 12 hours!!! Thank you, Jesus!












No comments:

Post a Comment