Tuesday, July 16, 2013

L-♥-V-E was in the Air!

I love weddings! I love LOVE! ♥♥♥ This past weekend we headed south to Cuero, TX to celebrate my cousin, Vicki, as she married her forever cowboy, Levi. It was such a wonderful weekend...the only negative was that it had to end...
We left work early on Thursday to get an early start on the weekend traveling. Coming off of the California trip, the boys really hadn't had much time to recoup and get back on schedule so the idea of breaking up the drive time was more than welcomed! AND we got to see Kirk, Rachel and baby Luke! Win, win! Luke is such a sweet and happy baby...er little boy (he's walking now)! I swear he just smiles and smiles... which I shouldn't be surprised knowing he is the offspring of one of the happiest sweetest women I know! Seriously! Rachel is a solid breath of fresh air every time I am around her! Kirk, too! They're always extremely welcoming and it's so easy to just pick up where we left off with them regardless of how long it's been since we've seen each other.  We got to their house about 9pm. Luke was already asleep and Kirk had to be at work early the next morning but we still ended up keeping them up visiting til' close to 11. "Sorry, Kirk! We love ya!" The next morning was an early one with J&J waking up at a typical 7am-ish and BOY HOWDY they were grumpy!! I did get to visit some with Rachel but by 9:30 Jon and I had had enough of the grouches and decided we'd try to put them down for an early nap time with Luke before we headed to eat lunch in a public place! :-P Jude did sleep for about an hour or so but no luck with Joel.

Luke isn't sure what to think about the looney grumps he's been forced to play with! :-P
So...off to lunch we went hoping for the best! Austin has such great family friendly dining out choices!! Rachel took us to a place called "Shady Grove" that had a couple different restaurants (Jason's deli, Greek, sushi, ice cream, burger place) all wrapped around a shaded outdoor playscape. We chose a local joint, The Waterloo (all american type food). Yumm-o food, sweet friends and a playground would normally be a perfect afternoon...and it was, minus the ten-ish tantrums, haha. Oh well...as usual, Rachel was a sweetheart and we did manage to leave with smiles! I hated to leave so soon but was also excited to see my fam!
Back in the car we went on our way to Cuero! My Nana and Poppy and Sister's fam had already checked into the adorable B&B's my Aunt & Uncle had reserved for everyone and I was super excited to get there to see them!! We put on a dvd for the boys and the trip went pretty quick! "Thanks babe for driving!"

Side Note: Does Jude not look so big here?! Kinda takes my breath away how fast he's growing up!

I LOVED the cute B&B houses! We walked up and were immediately greeted by Allen & Austin at the front door. Let the family fun begin! Marc and my mom weren't in town yet and my sister was at The Venue helping with set up stuff so we went next door to say hi to my Nana and Poppy and Uncle Richard. Their house was so cute, too!! The boys played shy at first but were so excited to see Richard...heart melting! Moods were finally all good and spirits were high! Thank God! :)

House #1: My parents, sister's fam & us
House #2: Uncle Richard, Aunt Sharon & Nana & Poppy

Yummy local welcome treats from Levi and Vicki were on our beds when we arrived! So thoughtful! They seriously thought of everything!!

The cousins catching up over some PB pretzels 
Allen, Joel, Jude & Austin

Here's some pics of House #1: I didn't capture every room but it will give you an idea of the style. I loved all the unique pieces of furniture used in the houses! It was such a great layout, too! There were 10 of us staying in house #1, 6 adults and 4 kiddos, and we never felt cramped. Everyone had their own bed, there were 2 kitchens and they even had a laundry room allowing us to leave with a suitcase of clean clothes! What a perk! If we ever venture back to Cuero, I'll definitely be staying here again! (www.cuerolodging.com)





Silly Boys!

Once Marc, mom and the rest of the fam got to the houses, we all got ready to go watch Levi and Vicki practice getting married and enjoy dinner together!

♥J&J with their Gigi and Gdad, my parents♥

♥COUSINS♥
Joel, Austin, Allen & Jude

My cousins/bros & sister of the Bride: Deano, Cortney & Roy (& Mila)

♥ Love is in the air! ♥
(Before the rehearsal was about to start)

Jude playing with the table toppers, haha! "Look mommy! I'm a reindeer!!"

Levi & Vicki are such a cute couple and so obviously in love making the rehearsal such a fun and sweet thing to watch! ♥♥♥  'The Venue' was such a neat place, too! All the wedding festivities took place there....The rehearsal, the dinner following, the wedding and the reception. It was like 7 blocks from the houses we stayed at which was so nice and convenient! The rehearsal dinner prepared by Levi's family was amazing! Steak, the best mashed potatoes I've ever had, salad and banana pudding or chocolate pie! Mmmm! We were definitely going to sleep with happy hearts and bellies! :)

♥ My beautiful momma and her handsome cowboy! Love them! ♥

Levi & his groomsmen (my twin cousins are on the far right)

Vicki's Pretty Ladies!


Here she comes!!
♥ Uncle Richard and his daughter, THE BRIDE!!

The next morning, all the big guys (Richard, Jon and Mike) took the little guys (Allen, Austin, Jude & Joel)out in Uncle Richard's "big truck" to go feed the ducks at the lake while the girls went to 'The Venue' to visit with the bride's crew for an hour while they were getting fancied up before we all met up for lunch at a local burger joint.

J&J were determined to wear their boots 90% of the weekend "like Uncle Richard"
so...we let them ♥♥


♥♥ Nana, Staci, Mom and me just before heading up to 'The Venue' to hang with the gals ♥♥

♥♥♥ seesters ♥♥♥

 After lunch we were headed home for naps...we weren't sure how long we would be out that night (wedding started at 5) but I was still trying to stay focused on keeping J&J on schedule as much as possible! Thankfully, nap time was a success! We were supposed to be at 'The Venue' at 4:15 and that ended up being a challenge b/c they were sleeping for so long! Joel woke up at 4, after being out for over 2 1/2 hours, and I quickly got him dressed. We had to wake Jude up at 4:15 and just ran a little late getting to 'The Venue' at 4:25.
Vicki was a GORGEOUS bride! Levi was a pretty handsome cowboy groom, too! I loved all the bridesmaids dresses...Vicki let them all pick out their own style in the same {champagne} color. Such a neat idea! The groomsmen all wore starched jeans and vests...yes please! The ceremony was beautiful and not one to be missed! The reception couldn't have been more fun...another delicious dinner, photo booth fun, dancing & visiting with family & friends...what a wonderful night celebrating a wonderful new Godly designed couple!! I'm so glad we were able to be a part of such a great weekend & I love my family so very much!! #Blessed

Walking down the aisle...

Sealing it with a kiss!

♥♥♥ Mr and Mrs Levi Garrett!! ♥♥♥
I L♥VE both of their faces in this picture! Vicki is radiant and Levi looks so proud and happy! Congrats, you two! ♥ 


My Uncle Richard and Aunt Sharon, proud parents of the BRIDE! ♥♥♥

The BEST Maid of Honor speech I've ever heard! Cortney SANG it to her big sister ♥ #Tearsofhappiness

♥ Newlyweds!! ♥

♥ Mother/Daughter ♥ Cheers to love and happiness! ♥


♥ Kisses for cake?! ♥ Anytime! ♥


Happy Boys!!
Jude formed a quick hard crush on Chelsea, Deano's girlfriend. She was so sweet to accept Jude and Joel's (energetic) loving attention! ♥♥♥ Jude kept asking "where is that pretty girl?" ♥♥♥

♥ Guess who caught the bouquet?! Go Chelsea! Deano is a lucky guy...hold on to this one! ;-)
♥ Chelsea & Deano ♥

Fam Bam ♥♥♥

♥Photo Booth Fun!♥

Gdad grew hair! haha

The wedding cake was a huge "cup" cake! It was beautiful...and J&J saw it as SOON as we stepped in the doors! I found myself playing bodyguard against kiddos until my aunt graciously allowed them to take one from the back! I was very appreciative!

Joel happy to be eating a cupcake FINALLY!

Here's a shot of the Groom's cake - hilarious!! He's apparently a pretty huge hog hunter...

I have some other great pics I wanted to post but I don't want to wait so...you're getting the ones off of my phone, which are all pretty good anyways! I'll end with a huge thank you to the Thayer family! You're such a wonderful christian example of love! The weekend was fabulous and Vicki was a gorgeous bride, inside & out!! We can't wait to see you all again! XO's and High Fives!!

Brooke



No comments:

Post a Comment