Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Swim Lessons: Progress Made

We went to our last swim lesson with Mrs. Cathy this past Saturday. Jude did okay but he still wasn't overly thrilled to be there. On the way over to Cathy's house he says to me "mommy, I'm going to go under water, use my arms and kick and I'm gonna like it!" I was optomistic and do believe he meant every word. He really did swim his little heart out until he just got tired! Such a cute kid! He did make some mad progress from lesson one to lesson four and I have no doubt he'll only improve as the summer goes on.
To recap, at the first lesson he didn't want to leave the ledge and wasn't about to go under water! By the second lesson, much improvement but still scared!

{{videos from the second lesson}}




Joel's turn?!

As you can tell from the pieces you see of Joel in the videos, he is NOT scared at all. LOL. I've been kind of wondering lately if Jude might have regressed last summer after not having a "big pool" to swim in?? We were staying at my Grandma's while our house was being built so he didn't play near as much in a "big pool"...he mainly just splashed around in his blow up pool in the backyard. Jon and I were totally fine with that because he and Joel had both had tubes put in. He's also the youngest in the lesson. Ryder, Reed & Brady are all 5 years old and swim pretty well already! I'm sure all of the elements combined offer an intense environment for Jude. 
We leave for California this Saturday and Cathy's schedule is full this week so we're holding off lessons for a while. I'm not sure if it's the best idea but we don't really have another option so...I will definintely continue to work with him in the meantime...after all, I was a swimmer! ;-) I pray he loves the beach and just has fun with the water in California!! ♥♥♥

{{Fourth (last) Lesson}}


Joel enjoying his "laid back" afternoon in the pool while Jude learns to swim



No comments:

Post a Comment