Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello Cali!

How excited can 2 little boys be?! I think I found out yesterday! I don't want to forget a moment right now...I want to write down every funny & cute thing Jude & Joel do or say! They are both SO full of life!
It was probably a mistake telling Jude that we would be leaving for California and would be meeting Mickey Mouse the night BEFORE we left! (Happy pic above Taken after we explained to the boys) He was in our room at 4:15am yesterday morning ready to wake up! Haha. We did leave the house at 6:30 headed for Lovefield airport! The boys were so excited to fly! I couldn't peel their faces from the window at the terminal...

"Is that our plane, mommy?!"
We had a stop in El Paso which I had kind of been dreading but ended up working out perfect! The break up worked for keeping the boys excited & moving. 

We lucked out w/the second leg of the flight from El Paso to San Diego & both boys slept 98% of the two hours!
Once we landed & got our rental car (note: we had an awesome guy that hooked us up with an SUV for no extra $) we headed straight to lunch. It was only 12:45 in San Diego but it was almost 3:00 in Fort Worth. 
We had several recommendations to try Point Loma Seafoods...perfect!! The boys loved the boats & view!! 
We ordered an Atlantic cod sandwich, a Philadelphia Sushi Roll, a cup of Clam Chowder & an order of fries. How's that for variety?! All delicious!!
We had gobbled everything up except the chowder when I thought to snap a pic. Oops! Did I mention we were starving? LOL. 
With happy bellies, we headed to Temecula to Darlene's parent's house. We got there around 5:00 & were greeted with smiles by Diane, Dar's mom. Let me say, I'm not sure I've met a sweeter lady! She showed us around the house, made us feel completely & immediately welcome! She had a new plastic pool w/toys waiting for J&J "so they will have some fun stuff to enjoy" & she had patriotic shirts for all 4 of us laid out on our beds. 
The boys put on their swimsuits & headed out to the back patio, which I might add has a GORGEOUS view, to swim a bit. Jon watched the boys while I visited with Diane over some Pinot Grigio.  She made a yummy Costco pizza for us and some chicken nuggets for the boys. We got the boys dried off and in PJ's & grubbed together! 

Here's a shot of the sunset off the back porch. Beautiful!!
The boys were hyper tired so we snuggled them on the couch to watch some Veggie Tales for a bit & then put them to bed around 9:00, which is 11:00pm Fort Worth time! Yep, definitely in vacation mode! Jon & I visited with Diane for another hour or so then headed to bed ourselves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment