Thursday, June 6, 2013

Four Eyes Proud!

There is nothing that can prepare you for the feeling of sight! Especially when you don't honestly realize you're vision is "going south"...haha. I've had a pair of cute reading glasses for about 5 years now. I used to wear them maybe once a week when my eyes were tired and I was staring at the computer screen too long or more so, if I thought they looked cute with what I was wearing! ;-) In the last year or so I've worn them more and more frequently! Then came the blurred vision while driving. "Was that an exit sign?! Whoops!" *sigh* After continually trying to convince myself I didn't NEED glasses for some time, I finally went out to have my eyes checked. Let me just preface the story by admitting that I have had vision insurance for over a year now b/c when I renewed insurance, I knew I needed to have my eyes checked out.
So....it's an off Friday at work and I have the plan to head to Costco so thought I could just knock out having my eyes checked while there. NOPE! Strike 1...their vision center is out of my network. Okay, no biggie, I'll go next door to Target Vision Center. I tried calling buy no one answered. The recording gave the hours and mentioned walk-ins were welcome so...I headed over. There was an OPEN sign on the door but it was locked. I knocked...no answer. I tried calling again...no answer. Feeling somewhat defeated at this point, I googled for optometrists close by. Seriously?! VERY few results! When all else fails...FACEBOOK to the rescue! I posted asking for advice from my LM friends on where to go and within 5 minutes I had 10ish replies with referrals. I made my apt for the following Wednesday at 4:00.
I show up to my apt 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and can't help but notice that there are 4 other people in the waiting room, all in glasses. At this point I'm still not convinced I need anything more than maybe some OTC reading glasses but I'm definitely curious what the dr will say, too. After waiting over an hour, I'm at wits end and am about to walk out! Ugh!
Worth the wait! Dr Ditto apologized for the crazy wait time and assured me that was not typical. He then started the eye exam. WOWSA! I could NOT see! He showed me line after line that was just flat out blurry. I seriously was in disbelief and felt like I was being tricked! After he advised I would have most definitely failed my driver's vision test this year had I not auto-renewed online, he brought the "magic" and showed me what the charts looked like with glasses. Uh-mazing!!! SOLD!
I picked out some cute new frames and the staff told me they'd call when I could come pick them up in a couple days.
Ta-da! I picked them up yesterday... Words cannot explain! Everything is so crisp!! I feel like I'm in the middle of a 3D movie! It's an intense feeling. I keep taking them off and putting them back on! Haha. I wish I could show Jon the difference so he'd understand 100%. So neat!
 
Signed,
Four Eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment