Friday, June 28, 2013

California Bound!

In less than 24 hours we will be boarding our flight to San Diego! I'm so excited! I'm {very obviously} already in vacation mode! I can't focus at work...I just keep running my list of things to pack thru my head and looking at different reviews of Cali sites on TripAdvisor. I hate to wish any of my days away...BUT I plan to leave work today at 3:00 and it can't seem to come soon enough! :)
The boys have been on a plane before, longest trip being red eye flight to Hawaii, but they're old enough to really understand the experience now! They even have their own seats on the plane! Praise baby Jesus for that! Jude woke up this morning asking "Is it Saturday so we get to fly on a plane to California?!" I love that they're so excited and can't wait to see their faces when they get to meet Mickey Mouse & other friends at Disneyland, play on the beach, see the different animals the San Diego Zoo has versus the FWT Zoo, etc.

  
Jon has been to LA/Hollywood area a couple times but never ventured into the beautiful San Diego. I've been to San Diego several times (and loved it more with each visit), but have never been into LA area. I'm hopeful we can show each other both worlds of SoCal! We'll see whatever 5 days allows! We land tmrw at noon and fly back to Dallas, Friday, July 5 at noon. We know we're staying a couple nights in San Diego, one night in Anaheim (for Disneyland) and a couple nights in Temecula (wine country). Bring in the sunshine!!
We have a hotel secured for our one night in Anaheim but outside of that, we're staying with Darlene's family. I feel very blessed to have such a sweet friend! She (and her family) has offered to host us in San Diego and Temecula! I'm excited to get to meet her family and to enjoy a week of fun enjoying California!

Ofcourse I made shirts for the trip, too! Mickey tanks for Disneyland and Patriotic tanks for the 4th of July!


Here's some "Hot Spots" I hope to hit during out week: 
  1. USS Midway
  2. Coronado Bridge & Island
  3. Balboa Park
  4. San Diego Zoo
  5. Disneyland
  6. La Jolla Cove
  7. Torrey Pines
  8. Temecula Wineries
It will be interesting to see what we actually did! I'm just thrilled to have some time off work to play with my fam and make some fun memories! Cali here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment