Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visiting Papa in Granbury!

I was shocked when it was stated on the news that a total of 16 tornadoes hit ground on April 4! The most damage took place in Arlington and East Dallas area (Kennedale, Forney, etc). Here are a couple pictures of the damage done to Green Oaks Nursing Home, where Papa stays...

The staff was amazing! They had little warning and still managed to get every patient to safety with only 2 minor injuries reported. Ofcourse they were unable to keep the patients at the home so all were transported where beds were available. Papa landed in Grandbury! So...the J's and I joined my Aunt Pam and Grandma for a visit this past Saturday! :) I am so glad I brought my camera...LOVE these pictures and am sure I'll treasure them always! :)




The boys had such a fun time! Joel made himself comfortable right away in Papa's lap and Jude enjoyed hammin' it up with him! Papa's RED World Series Rangers hat was last in the storm so Aunt Pam brought him a new one. He was thrilled and put it on right away! It was extremely important it was red! Blue just won't do for Papa. Haha. It was such a fun and sweet visit!! Always hard to leave but we'll be back soon...

Jon, Aunt Pam and I made a trip to the Granbury square to give Grandma some extra time with Papa. LOVED IT!! I Love the small town feel and Granbury has such heart! Aunt Pam purchased a couple little gifts and J&J played around the square.

Here's a shot of Jude stopping to smell some flowers :)


And ofcourse, we couldn't resist some bluebonnet shots! They were everywhere...and so were car loads of families taking shots on the side of the road! :) So fun! I love Texas this time of year...heck, all times of the year! ;-)















XO,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Joel in the chair and Jude making the face with the flowers. That picture needs to be framed! So glad you got these pictures & that time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet and thank you! Haha! Yes, the boys had such a great time the whole day!!

    ReplyDelete