Thursday, April 19, 2012

Joel is walking!!

After my post on Tuesday, I did leave work just after noon to knock out some of my ever growing to-do list. I felt the 1/2 day of vacation proved a fairly successful amount of productivity and I headed for home around 3:00 with a 4Runner full of groceries to unload. It was such a gorgeous day and I was thrilled to be home early to give some special attention and play with J&J! PERFECT TIMING!! Joel has taken onesie twosie steps here and there lately but this video says it all! If you can stand to listen to my high pitched (annoying) tone, you can tell how over the moon I was to catch his first true WALK on video!! Joel looks unsure if he should smile or cry at one point but it has since become a fun new game! :)



Jacqueline had texted me this pic around 9:00am Tuesday and I KNEW more was coming very soon! It may have subconsciously helped prompt the 1/2 day off...? I'm so so happy I was able to be there to witness it! Since the first steps in the kitchen Tuesday, Joel has taken off! Last night he walked from the dining table in the kitchen all the way to the back door without reaching for anything! I'm definitely not completely ready for the "baby Joel" chapter to close but it would appear he has decided being a toddler isn't so bad! *sigh* I told Jude last night that he better watch out b/c Joel was going to be up to his speed before long! Jude's reply: "no no mommy. Joel not walk!" ;-) I love these boys oh so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment