Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Godward Thoughts on Earthly Suffering…

Why does the Lord allow such heart breaking suffering? This question will forever linger unanswered this side of Heaven I suppose. If we ever watch the news, we are reminded that we live in a world of suffering. I have definitely been through my share of trials and whole heartedly believe that God does offer hard life “seasons” as a stronghold discipline to draw us closer to him and re-center our faith. It seems harsh and relentless while going thru the trial(s) but it provides such a shaping! I also confidently believe that Satan is readily waiting these trial periods and he attacks hard when we are most vulnerable!

“It is doubtful whether God can use a man greatly, until first He wounds him deeply." A.W. Tozer.

As thoughts overtook my productivity today, I gave into reading my bible trying to find some reassuring scripture(s) to offer support to much of my family that is currently experiencing turmoil. Overwhelmed, I decided to just start writing…
I’m learning that when trials come, I can push through it and resolve it in my heart when I keep in the forefront of my mind (& heart) that no matter what happens, God is the one who controls it. The constant battle of my human nature is to control the situation! When I forget and leave the mindset that God has control, it’s crazy how quickly things turn chaotic and the feeling of defeat sets in! Once I give up the control and regain a healthy spiritual focus, it’s amazing how I’ll finally get that good night of sleep or lose the fear or stress I had been clinging too.
We all have been wounded in our lives, and those wounds are how we will be used greatly for God. Sometimes our wounds are so deep that we wonder if we can even survive it and our hearts hurt so bad it seems like it will never heal. I have definitely been there & thank God, I survived! :). His promise to us is that the good work that He started in us, long before we even realiz, He will complete in us.

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 1:6

Ofcourse one of the hardest things about a trial, is praising God for it and knowing that it is God's way of using you for Him!

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. - Psalm 27:13

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from the nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. - Galations 6:7-9

I can’t express in easy words how incredibly thankful, undeserving and blessed I feel to be where I am in life! I treasure my family and relationships and KNOW they are a gracious gift from God to help me through my earthly days/trials. The trials that I have personally faced I feel have provided such a strong knowledge, compassion and faith and with every new one, I become a better and more Christ filled disciple! Ofcourse, not near where I want to be still! One of the pastors in our church delivered a message this past Sunday to the youth about living a life DIRECTED by honesty. My husband, Jon, brought up the discussion again a couple days later and we discussed how it is such a hard, but rewarding, thing to do! I have come to enjoy being transparent and honest in so many ways but I still find myself sometimes dwelling too much on other’s opinions after I have divulged and as a result, holding back truth I should share in future conversations. I need to work on acknowledging the fine line on when to speak and what to say to those facing and/or enduring trial(s) but NOT holding back at the same time. *sigh* Such a hard thing! ;-)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -his good, pleasing and perfect will. - Romans 12:2

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.- Mark 10:45

Ultimately…
Every detail of my future is in God’s wise and loving hands (Eph 1:11). I have nothing to fear, ever. I think I need to post this in every room of my house to remind myself!
Every trial has a wise and loving purpose.(Exo 4:11, Acts 14:22)
Every trial is a gift from God planned to bring me great good! (2 Cor 12:9-10)
The grief, the pain, the sorrow are all worth it, because He is worth it! I could ramble forever and I know my thoughts are already weaving to a point where I won’t know what to title this entry! Haha.

I’ll close with a short prayer…

Dear Lord, I pray your hand of grace be on those heavy on my heart today! I ask that you continue to shape my heart and guide my actions and words to be for your glory and that you provide the support that they are deeply in need of right now. I also pray that the truth be revealed and a life of honesty is lived out so that hearts are able to begin the healing process. I thank you for the blessings and for the trials and I pray for understand that both are for your glory! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. DIRECTED! Thanks babe! Guided and directed are similiar atleast?? :-P I'll edit...then I can fix the other typos that are sticking out like sore thumbs to me now too. Hehe. OCD? Me? Never! :-P

    ReplyDelete