Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday to my cuddle monkey, Joel!


I cannot believe my lil’ cuddle monkey is already ONE!! I hate to sound cliché but…where did the time go?! I really do feel like it was such a short time ago that I was still pregnant worrying how I could possibly love another little boy as much as I already loved my Jude bug! Ofcourse, the fear disappeared completely as soon as Joel was born and placed in my arms! I can’t imagine my life without any of my sweet J’s, Jon included! They’re so different in personality and they bless my every day!

As most were reading headlines about the 1st Royal anniversary celebration between Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Howerton household was celebrating Joel’s 1st birthday w/cinnamon rolls before church! :) Last year I was watching the wedding on television at 5am in a hospital room of Baylor Grapevine waiting to be induced for labor! Joel arrived at 10:47am, 6 pounds and 3 ounces and 19 ¾’ long! He was perfect!

Grandma Judy stayed with Jude at our house during the labor but they both came up in the afternoon to meet baby Joel Philip! It was so sweet watching Jude meet his younger brother! He was so curious and wanted to touch and hold Joel non-stop! I remember not sleeping much the first night in the hospital but I didn’t mind…I couldn’t get enough of just holding and looking at Joel! How did I get so lucky to have such a wonderful family?!

A year later, Joel is still perfect! Here’s some highlights…

• He’s walking everywhere!! He started taking onesie twosie steps here and there up to a month ago but in the past 2 weeks he’s taken off! He’s fast too!!
• He says “momma”, “dada”, “bye bye”,“dog”, “no”, and “uh-oh” is his favorite!
• He eats anything and everything! Haha.
• We’re off formula! He still takes a milk bottle before bed most nights but we are doing great with sippy cups during the day and we have been off formula 2 weeks now with no problem.
• He loves animals! He wants to pet every puppy and kitty cat he sees.
• He loves his big bro! Nothing cheers Joel up more than a little attention from Jude! It melts my heart!
• Sleeping thru the night – Has been for a while. He goes to be b/t 8-8:30 and will sleep til atleast 7am. PRAISE GOD for this!! :)
• TEETHING!! He has 4 teeth on bottom and 4 on top and more coming! We don’t leave the house w/o a bib or his shirt will be soaked w/in an hour!
• Social butterfly, check! Joel loves people and attention!
• He’s my cuddle monkey! He loves to be close and is so sweet to cuddle with! I’m soaking it in as I know it won’t last. *sigh*
• He loves to be outdoors! Zoo trips are still a favorite activity for us!
• He’s a wiggle butt…and a strong one! It’s no fun trying to dress/change him!
• All around happy baby :) Not much upsets him…for long atleast. :)

We visited Dr Wineriter’s office today for Joel’s one year appt. He had to get 3 vaccines (Hep A, MMR and Chicken Pox) as well as a finger blood prick. HATE these visits! :( The vaccines brought some tears but all in all, He was a total champ and did great! I did have to go home afterwards and change my shirt due to a bloody finger encounter (ouch!) but he didn’t seem to be in pain more than the initial stick. *sigh* Breaks my heart every time!

Stats:

Weight – 24 pounds, 10 ounces (75%)
Height – 30 ¾” (75-90%)
Head Circ – 48 ¾” (95%)

We had a wonderful 1st birthday party to celebrate Joel’s big day but I’ll have to blog about that and share pics in another entry soon! Too much to add it to this one!

Dearest JP – I love you so very much and I feel such happiness from your smile and loving personality! Big big Xs & O’s!! Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment