Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our Delightfully Chaotic "Right Now"

As the days continue to blur by…I have to make myself stop and write down where my baby boys are at in their tiny full lives and where Jon and I are in ours! :)

Words I would use when talking about JUDE right now:

Independent –
“I do it molmmy”
“mine!”
“no molmmy”
Apparently in Jude’s mind, there is an ‘L’ in mommy. I correct him all the time, and for a bit he’ll say it right but nevertheless, always goes back to “molmmy.” HaHa.
Daddy!” He’s Jon’s shadow! He wants to do everything with Jon, be everywhere he is…all the time. Monday nights are hardest for me because Jon plays Ultimate Frisbee after work and doesn’t get home until way after the boy’s bedtime. As soon as I walk in the door from work Jude immediately says “Daddy?!” I tell him every Monday “Daddy is playing sports. He’ll be home later” and then…meltdown! Thank God for chocolate milk! ;-)
Potty Definitely interested but so not trained. We’re using the m&m technique, which seems to be pretty effective. Never fails, when I need to go “potty” Jude isn’t far away. Last night, he busts in my bathroom and sees that I have just finished successfully using the potty and shouts “Yay molmmy! Candy!” I had to laugh out loud. Never a dull moment.
He has the process of going pee pee or poo poo IN the potty down as long as he is in the right place at the right time but can’t quite grasp the concept of needing to be near a potty fast as soon as the urge arises. Yes, makes for interesting times! This morning he woke up in his crib and stated he needed to go potty, took off his diaper and pee’d in his crib! Jacqueline, the boy’s wonderful nanny, was the fortunate recipient of that incident. Sorry girl! ;-)
Talker He has SO much to say! Sometimes I understand him…others, not so much. HaHa. He’s developed quite the little personality and I LOVE IT! I’ll have to post some videos. He has been talking more to grandparents and people he knows well on the phone lately too.
Sensitive to others and personally. If you look at the kid the wrong way, watch out! He’s either going to cry or act out. Lots of hugs and reassurance right now for sure. He also hates to see others cry…even strangers. In the nursery at church this past Sunday, a little girl was crying for her mommy so Jude went over to her and brought her a book and a toy. The nursery teacher said he worked really hard to calm her down…and it worked. :-) He’s such a tender hearted boy.
Jealousy who is this new baby?! He does love Joel and is sweet 90% of the time but when baby brother needs attention in the middle of a story, dinner time, etc…NO BUENO! Jude is not shy about voicing that his time is being interrupted. If Jon or I have Joel in our lap, Jude will come over and say “hey! Goal (Joel) down!” and point to the floor. If we don’t submit to his command, he’s glad to help us out by pushing Joel off of our lap. Any advice in this category welcomed! I want to be firm but assuring in my response…easier said than done! Now that Joel is getting older and stronger, it has been better. I can now sit them BOTH on (or near) my lap and we can all read together. :-)
Entertainer if you’re happy, he’s happy. If you’re upset…he’s going to try to make you happy. :-)
Animals He knows em! By sight and sound. He can tell you what they are and he’ll be happy to tell you the sounds they all make… Our typical car game.
“Two” If you hear Jude saying “Twoooo” you better find him quick! He’s about to jump off something! He’s a dare devil! He sometimes says one but usually skips it and goes straight for two. He also likes 5. I know he can count to 5 (he has several times) but it’s on his terms. He’s not going to do it if you want him too. Rascal!
Teeth He went from 4 to 16 in a month seems like! I know it wasn’t literally that fast but they are popping in like crazy! He looks like a little boy now…bittersweet.
“Amen!” Doesn’t matter where we are, what we’re doing…if he hears “in Jesus name” he’s going to shout “Amen!” It’s ADORABLE! This is probably my favorite thing, next to his cat “meow” sound. He loves to pray and it’s been a blessing for us with structuring bedtime!
Manners it took a month to get Jude to actually SAY please! He was so used to using sign language (learned in daycare) that he only wanted to sign. With help from Jacqueline we finally did it! Since saying “Please” we’ve moved on to Thank you, Yes sir/ma’am, no sir/ma’am and his favorite…”bless you!” He’ll fake sneeze to say it! I have to try not to laugh but it’s so darn cute!
Roomie Joel moved into Jude’s room 2 ½ weeks ago. So far, it’s been amazingly better than I expected! I do think Jude has suffered a little more than Joel as far as sleep interruption but they really are doing so great rooming together.


Outside if he can be anywhere, he WANTS to be outside. It doesn’t matter if it’s hot as the sun or pouring rain! He cannot be outside enough! He’s my little monkey man! :-)
Birthdays - seems like there is a birthday party to attend EVERY weekend lately. Who's 2 this week? ;-)

Words I would use when talking about JOEL right now:
Bubbles/Teething – Constant slobber bubbles from teething :(
Formula Going thru it like a baby! ;-) Costco is our friend!
Baby Food We’ve started! And he LOVES it! Green beans, Mixed Harvest veggies and any kind of fruits are golden!
Diapers WE NEED MORE DIAPERS! Already?! Yep! The baby does not like to be wet! That and being hungry are the only reasons he cries.
Growing NON STOP! He’s about to bust out of his 6 mos clothes. He’ll be 5 mos on 9/29. The pediatrician says he’s going to surpass Jude.
Smiley The happiest baby ever! Joel smiles constantly and giggles! He’s a happy baby :) melts my heart over and over!
Cuddly If I need a snuggle, Joel is my cure!
Strong! Rolls over, Lifts up, holds his own with Jude…has a hardy grip! (watch your hair and earrings!) He’s going to be crawling soon!
Momma’s boy When I walk in from work he gets SO excited! Makes my whole day! His face lights up and he reaches out for me. When he hears me talking he stretches to look at me from any angle…*sigh* Why I became a mother, hehe. ;-)


Words I would use when talking about JON right now:
Home Depot
His home away from home :)
Daddy The best! I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching Jon with the boys. They adore him! He’s so great about letting Jude hang out with him in the garage, playing legos or just taking time out to read to the boys. With Joel still needing a lot of “mommy attention” right now, Jon takes over with Jude and makes sure that BOTH of the boys are getting that undivided attention they want and need. He also helps a lot at night with feedings, etc. Cannot say enough how attractive it is to me seeing Jon with the boys.
Ultimate Frisbee – He plays every Monday night and Saturday morning… This is his athletic outlet. His time away from me and the kids where he can just go and play! And he’s really good! :)
Busy Gone are the days when we would lazy around the house for a weekend. Always something to do and somewhere to go!
Leader This year I’ve seen Jon really turn into a strong leader…not only in our home but at work.
Our “Rock” Always ready for church on Sundays, bibly study during the week and there to answer my questions when I have them. If he doesn’t know the answer, he helps find it. So appreciative of this!
Chess with friends Jon’s new addiction. Look him up if you wanna but beware, he’s intense! ;-) JoNate14 is his username.
Funny Can always make me, and the boys, laugh!
Best Friend He is mine. :)
Husband sorry ladies, he’s taken! ;-)

Words I would use when talking about MYSELF right now:
Planner
“what’s the plan? Why’d it change? What now? What time? When? Where? I’ll put it on the calendar.” I need a plan! And don’t cancel last minute! LOL. OCD? Maybe…
Mommy hardest most rewarding job ever. More in love with my boys every day! I cannot imagine life without them!
Sew cool! My new hobby…that consumes large parts of my house, mind and time!
Social Media Blog, Facebook, Pinterest…
Pictures who says I can’t be a photographer?! I’m my family’s photographer, hehe. And photo books…Genius! I make them for everything! I don't care who takes them or really, if they're even of my family...I love pictures!
DVR the only way I get to watch anything outside of PBS/KERA ;-) And I now have no patience for commercials.
Social I thrive on relationships and invest in them (Spouse, kids, family and friends) hoping to receive the same in return. I’m a social person for sure! My social “scene” has changed somewhat but in my opinion, better with age! ;-)

This is us...at this moment! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment