Thursday, October 13, 2011

Busy Bee…most definitely ME!


TGIT (Thank God it’s Thursday!) I’m so thankful for Off Friday weeks! I don’t know that I could ever leave my current job simply for this very reason! Every week I look forward to the weekend with abundantly-increasing impatience as the days march on. I think mainly because, my week is typically so chaotic! On average, we usually have 1 night Mon-Thur where we are all home TOGETHER and without agenda. Even when the weekends are jam-packed, the alarm doesn’t go off at 6:00am, I’m allowed to be 5-10 minutes late somewhere, there is no “mandatory computer time” and I have my beautiful boys to love on!!
*sigh*

One would think that after all these years of wham bam weekend schedules, I would eventually cave to the evident proof that a “relaxing weekend” is a fallacy. Weekends may provide a change of scenery, sure, but 95% of the time I still don’t sleep in past max 7:30am, and when I do, there’s babies sharing the bed that enabled that last hour between the sheets. Projects around the house, family and friends, church…all sorts of other things that are just waiting for me, almost calling me by name for attention
One thing is for certain, weekends are way more fun, no matter the schedule! Especially in October!! There’s SO MUCH TO DO!! And most of it is outdoors, which is fabulous when you have toddlers!

*A Day at the FWT Zoo: Mom (Gigi), Jen & Me with all the kiddos!*

Already this month we have enjoyed the Fort Worth ZOO, “Oktoberfest” at Southlake Town Center, “Celebrate Roanoke” on Main St and I enjoyed some shopping at the FWT Junior League’s annual “Christmas in Cowtown.” Still hopeful/planning to make The Rahr Brewery Tour, “Boo at the Zoo”, The Flowermound Pumpkin Patch, The State Fair, The Dallas Arboretum and EVC’s annual “Trunk or Treat” night! Throw in all 3 Grown Howerton kid’s, my step dad and brother’s and brother-in-law’s birthdays, my signing up for a booth at a local craft fair to sell my “goods” and dedicating both the boys at church and I think that about covers it! Maybe we’ll skip the fair this year? LOL!!

Oh, did I mention we’re having a realtor out to the house tomorrow? Yep! After the 3rd notice was slapped on yet another neighboring house claiming the property was vacated and now belonged to the bank, we’re ready to “move on outta here!” Please Lord have your hand on us! Can I keep my house immaculate enough to appeal to a buyer? We’ll see…but either way, we’re giving it a go! I will be sad to leave my back porch & pergola most but thankfully, Jon built it so he can build again. “Right honey?” ;-) Where will we move? I’ll let you know when I know! :-) We’ll definitely be praying for first, a sale and then, guidance. It’s disheartening to invest so much in our house while have to continually watch renters/homeowners vacate without regards to what they’re doing to the value of OTHER’S homes! What can you do? I guess move! ;-)
Thanksgiving and Christmas time will probably be my favorite in a couple weeks (so sue me!) but I do so love October!! The weather is amazing, the foliage and Fall décor is beautiful, clothes are fun…It’s just all fun!
*Loving his very own "Jude sized" pumpkin!"


*Watching Jamie sing on the "Rising Star Stage"...she did so good!!*


*"Driving" the Fire truck at The Celebrate Roanoke Festival!*


*Playin' around in cut-outs*


*Celebrate Roanoke Festival with Shannon and the boys!*

No comments:

Post a Comment