Friday, February 4, 2011

Thankful for the Slow...I mean Snow ;-)


Day 4 of ice and snow in DFW...I rescheduled my Tuesday morning OB appt for this morning at 9:30am thinking surely the weather would clear up by today! I got up early enough to get ready and allow myself an hour to commute from my Keller home to my Doctor's office at Baylor Grapevine, typically a 30 minute trip even with some traffic. I went out to start/warm up my car and scrape the windows and immediately started dreading the trip...the snow was a good 6" deep on top of solid ice and the flurries were coming down harder by the minute! I was still determined not to have to reschedule my appt AGAIN! So...against Jon's wishes, I said my goodbye and headed out...until I reached the first stop sign, LOL. There was just no way! It took me almost 5 minutes to turn around and get back in my drive way...and I haven't attempted to leave the house since. :) The appointment can wait...I rescheduled for next Tuesday.

INSTEAD...we played outside, ate and ate some more, watched "Finding Nemo" and a couple dvr shows ...AND we finished Jude and Joel's nursery (see prior blog for nursery pics:))...I love my family! It's been a great day!! :) Ofcourse we've experienced some cabin fever too but the slower pace has been really nice!






No comments:

Post a Comment