Saturday, April 17, 2010

First trip away from my boys....Cedar City, Utah


Last week I made my first trip away from Jude and Jon. I had to go to Cedar City, Utah for work to visit one of my suppliers. I was so scared I would miss my boys miserably but my boss, Amy, went with me and truly helped in making the trip a great first experience! Ofcourse I did miss them both so much but she has 2 young kids and is close to my age so it felt somewhat like just hanging out with a friend alot of the trip! The scenery was gorgeous and the town was so cute! We flew out of DFW Wednesday at noon and landed in Salt Lake City for a 2 1/2 hr layover which put us into Cedar City around 5:00.

The plane we took from Salt Lake to Cedar City was so small the flight attendant asked if Amy and I minded moving to the back of the plane to spread out the weight! HaHa. It was...an experience, LOL.

The Cedar City airport looked more like a warming house at a ski resort!

As soon as we walked into the airport lobby the rental car attendant says to us "One of you must be Amy. Your car is ready and waiting on the CURB!!!! HaHa! Now that's service! We stayed at the nicest hotel in town...The Comfort Inn & Suites.
The vendor visit went well and we had 2 nights to try some of the town's restaurants. The first night we had hibachi which was wonderful! Second night we opted to taste what Utah's mexican food was like...maybe not the best idea ;-)
Question: What do you get when you order Sangria in Morman land?
Answer: The waitress brings you a bottle of "sangria juice"...alcohol free. HeHe.
Amy and I looked at the plastic bottle that mirrored a cranberry juice cocktail, stared at each other and started cracking up!
2 days, 2 nights down and we headed back home! The trip went as well as it could but I was so anxious the whole day! I couldn't put Jude down for hours when I finally got home! :-) Absence absolutely does make the heart grow founder...especially when you were already fond to begin with. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment