Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Prayer Warriors Needed:



My heart has been full of emotion and heavy this past week…Please join my family in praying for the family of Brie Gomez. They are such a strong faithful family but even still, I can only imagine the future trials they face and the heartache they are currently enduring! The Gomez family was involved in head-on collision the night of Dec 26 while traveling the 80 mile stretch home from Dalhart to Amarillo…they had been celebrating Christmas with family. Brie suffered a fatal head injury, but was able to hold on long enough for doctors to deliver the couple’s 3rd child, a baby boy, Curran Blaec (Curran = Champion/Hero). She was 30 weeks pregnant. Her husband, Eric, and their two precious girls Mali (6 years) and Eleri (nearly 2) were treated and released. Eleri suffered a fractured leg and is now in a pink leg cast. Mali sustained several bruises, but none compares to that left on her heart. :( Eric and Brie had been married almost 10 years.



I had only talked with Brie in person a handful of times. My husband, Jon, went to Dalhart HS with both Eric and Brie and was close with Eric growing up. He loves them both! Brie & I kept up with each other’s blogs and on facebook and bonded over our commonalities. I found her advice very positive and approachable in regards to children and our faith in Jesus Christ. The last time I saw her in person was at the Dalhart HS reunion…she was pregnant with Eleri. Our friendship grew from that point (online). We were most recently happy to talk to each other about welcoming baby boys together (I’m due May 6th with our second son). When my husband and I received a text message from a mutual friend of ours that the Gomez fam had been in a horrible accident, it seemed to be a bad dream. I was SURE she would make it thru! It was a long night…I can only imagine for her family.

Brie did such a great job of diligently documenting her living days in a blog. http://brieericandmaligomez.blogspot.com/ I was amazed time and time again how often she made time for it! She would joke that nobody even read it…and even if that were the case, which I doubt, thousands have read and are touched by her stories and testimony today! I know one day her girls and sweet little champion, Curran, will find comfort in her words. I’m so thankful they were able to have some quality family time together last week with a trip to Disney World. What a wonderful memory to leave her husband and girls with!!



I find comfort in KNOWING that Brie was a devout servant and gave glory to Jesus in all she did…with every circumstance she held true to her faith! I know she is in heaven singing his praises! As someone else noted, she is a true bride of Christ and displayed this daily. The love she has for The Lord cannot be doubted. The last post she added to her blog gives me goosebumps everytime I think of it! On the day of the tragic accident, she posted the lyrics to FOREVER REIGN (Hillsong)…almost as if she were preparing her family, telling them she was ready to meet her father in Heaven. I lost my father when I was 18, also in a fatal accident (he was 42) and in a similar way, he had studied on “fatherless children” earlier that morning and left his bible open, with handwritten notes & highlighted passages…as if it were a goodbye letter telling my sister and I to keep the faith and trust in the Lord. It’s amazing how God does give us that comfort in such traumatic times like these.

Jon was able to attend the Life Celebration in honor of Brie in Amarillo and said it was like nothing he had ever been too! I had no doubt it would be. It is my honor to have known such a disciplined Christian, loving mother, devoted wife and friend!
I will continually pray that peace, strength and comfort will cover the Gomez and White families. Please join me in prayer for Eric as he goes thru the grieving process and transitions to the role of Single Dad. Pray for their sweet sweet girls who loved their mommy so very much, and especially for Mali, who is at an age where she will feel pain that will be extremely hard to process. Pray she will continue to love and praise Jesus through this and that her mother will be a true example for her in future days. Pray for their newborn baby boy, Curran Blaec, who is still in the NICU…pray that he will fight through this and come out the champion his parents knew he would be when they named him!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation,that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God." 2 Cor. 1:3-4

Prayers & Love,
Brooke

4 comments:

  1. That's heartbreaking! I can't imagine. Thank you for sharing. They will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily! I just read your story as well...also heart wrenching! You're such an example for other women! You, Piper & your Eric will be in my every prayer!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::tears::
    So terribly sad and tragic... I just cannot imagine the pain Eric and his daughters must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, this breaks my heart. I will be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete