Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mr. Jude bug is 6 months old!




Where does the time go?! Jude had his 6 mos wellness exam yesterday with Dr. Martin. All is looking good! :-) He’s a growing boy measuring 26 ½” long and weighing in at a whopping 17 pounds, 7.8 ounces. His stats hit right at the 50th percentile in all categories. I never thought I would be a mommy that worried about stats but I must admit that I somewhat obsess about them at every appt. I just want to know my lil’ man is on the right track! Jude was in such good spirits….so smiley and flirtatious with the nurses, showing off all his new moves and enjoying the crinkly paper on the patient’s bed….all until…3 SHOTS!!!

The heart wrenching tears and cry came fast and hard! Poor baby boy…a pouty face formed no parent could possibly resist!
All in all, a good appt! Jude was happy again within minutes and camo band-aids were applied! :-)
And it’s been a while since my last update….so….here’s some more Jude tid-bits:
• Jude is wearing some 0-3 mos clothes still (mainly shorts) but starting to fit into most of his 6 mos (onesies, jumpers)! The boy has more clothes than me! I love picking out his outfits every morning! :-) I love him in greens and blues best.
• Food: Jude is drinking approx. 20 ounces of formula daily. He also has a cereal/fruit mixture in the morning around 8-9am and a veggie lunch around 1pm. He LOVES his food! He reaches for the spoon as I feed him to try and help and opens up his mouth with anticipation for each bite. When he’s full…the mouth stops opening. It’s a pretty simple process. His teacher (Mrs. Rae) says he’s the best eater she’s had. Must take after his momma, hehe. ;-)
• Naps/Sleeping: We have a sleeper folks!! We’ve FINALLY experienced several consecutive full nights of sleep and I couldn’t be more thankful. I was worried it may never happen. ;-) Typically Jude gets 2 naps during the day (one mid morning and one around 2-3), both lasting 1-2 hours. Bedtime is 8:30 and he is ready! We do still have the nights with an EARLY morning wake up from time to time but usually a pacifier and his “lovey” cure the tears and he’s back off to sweet dreams. If that doesn’t work, we’ll offer a bottle and that’s 100% effective every time! ;-) I go in at 5:30am to wake him up (with a song ofcourse)on week days. Weekends are more lax…he’ll wake up around 6-6:30 for a bottle but we can put him back in his crib after for a good 2 hours and snag some more ZzzZzz’a ourselves usually. MORNINGS ARE MY FAVORITE!! His smile seriously lights my world!
• We start our day every morning with a shower. I go in and wake up Jude as Jon starts the shower and hops in. I hand off Jude to shower with daddy. He loves water!! Every once in a while (weekends) we do baths…he seems to really enjoy both and I’m so glad! Water bug??? Ohhhh yeaaahhh! ;-)
• Some mommies might hate changing diapers but I honestly look forward to it… most of the time. ;-) The changing table is where Jude shines! He tells me stories and laughs, plays with his feet and reaches for my face & hair lovingly. I genuinely enjoy our time there! It’s as if he’s catching me up on things I may have missed during the day?!
• Chubby legs…Jude’s Bumbo isn’t working out so well anymore. HeHe. We go to take Jude out and…the Bumbo stays attached and comes up as well. Cracks me up! :-)
• Other milestones:
o Sitting up great!
o Rolling over and scooching!! Army crawl is close I know…time to baby proof!!
o “Push up” position is his current favorite for just chillin’ and looking around on the floor/blanket.
o Smiles and giggles constantly…a total flirt! ;-) YAY!!

Anyways…ofcourse I could go on and on but I’ll stop here for now and end w/a sweet quote I love…b/c it’s SO true!!

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Much Love,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you worry about stats and sleep, but I worry about milestones! I would not say Eli was a good "sitter" until this past Saturday, a day after his six month birthday. And he still tumbles over after a while. Also, he can roll over both directions from his belly, but still refuses to roll from his back. Oh and he will often immitate actions (like sticking out his tongue or blowing spit bubbles), but he does not yet immitate sounds or make too many consonant sounds yet (it's mostly oohs and ahhs and umms instead of bas and das and mas!). But I know he'll get there when he's ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he will! GIRL...I could write an entire blog on my concerns and worries...honest! I worry about how serious he is sometimes wondering if he's truly the happiest baby he COULD be?? Should I be taking him to daycare? I think about things like constipation and food intake regularly and the milestones for sure! I find myself comparing him to other babies his age, Eli included (TERRIBLE, I know!!)...I can't help it! I remind myself from time to time (much with Jon's help) he's 6 mos old and doing FINE but man, it's hard! I just want to do all I can to ensure he has the attention & tools necessary to mature on track AND is it too much to ask for a non-stop smile?! HaHa. Sheesh! I knew becoming a mommy would be consuming but wow...he owns my every thought it seems ;-) Wouldn't change it for ANYTHING in the world as I know you wouldn't either. Jude & Eli both are going to be such cute, sweet and smart boys! They already are! ;-) XO

    ReplyDelete