Monday, May 24, 2010

The Perfect Cupcake!?


con·nois·seur (kn-sûr, -sr)
n.
1. A person with expert knowledge or training, especially in the fine arts.
2. A person of informed and discriminating taste: a connoisseur of CUPCAKES.

By the above definition, I have awarded myself the earned title "Cupcake Connoisseur." I just LOVE a good cupcake! My BFF, Shannon, and I kind of scout them out actually. From Washington DC to Keller...no place too far, no place too close. We recently stumbled across a new place in Grapevine on Main Street...PATTY CAKES. SO YUMMY! We were actually looking to try a place called "Crumbles" upon recommendation but entered into the newly named, MISCELLANEOUS (recently purchased by a new owner)...and pretty much just turned around and walked right back out having no intention of trying what little they had to offer. Dissapointed, we headed for frozen yogurt instead when we saw PATTY CAKES and opted to try it out. A WISE MOVE!

My favorite was the red velvet!!




The icing was to die for! I mean let's all just be honest, if the icing isn't delicious...who even cares about the cake?!

Some other good local cupcakes found at...


McKinley's (by TCU) - ALSO delicious cakes!!
j rae's





I will say, my favorite is still BAKED & WIRED in Georgetown (Washington, DC) BUT...seeing as they don't deliver to Keller...my search will continue on to find a local bakery that can compete w/the "prefect cupcake." ;-)



XOXO from your Cupcake Connoisseur! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment