Monday, May 10, 2010

Chopped Locks

As many of my girlfriends already know, my Aunt Pam so graciously cuts my hair for me and has most of my life. Well, Jon and I were being lazy in bed Sunday morning playing with Jude before getting up and ready for church and apparently my messy bed head hair allowed my layers to fall in just the right place that Jon caught a glimpse of what I would look like with short locks.
Jon: “I really think you would look good with your hair all that length” (showing me with his hand what layer he is talking about)
Me: “What?! That’s SHORT! Serious?!”
Jon: “yeah well, you keep saying you want to cut the highlighted hair off. It would look good is all I’m saying.”
Me: “REALLY?! Huh.” (Seriously contemplating as I HAVE been saying that I want the color completely out of my hair so I can grow it out natural and healthy since I got pregnant with Jude)
Jon: “really. Do it.”
So I text messaged my Aunt to bring her scissors to Grandma’s (we had plans to be there for Mother’s Day dinner).
We finish eating and it’s time for the cut! I AM NERVOUS!! 3 to 4 inches off is a lot when it’s already what I consider short! Aunt Pam finishes and admits she was nervous herself but says in a relieved pleasant voice “I really like it! Go look!”…Thankfully she did not voice her concerns prior to the chop or the cut would NOT have happened! LOL.
I walk into the living room where Jon is sitting and I can tell by his face he’s also a fan. YAY! I definitely have an official “mom cut” if I didn’t already ~ hehe. I do like it and it’s SUPER easy to style and takes a total of 3 minutes to blow dry! I have a couple more inches of highlights/dye but it’s looking so healthy now and after the last inches are gone, I’ll definitely be growing it back out! :-) This is a quick pic taken in my cube at work… I know, I look tired. Gimme a break ~ It's a Monday. More to come later...

*Live*Laugh*Love*

3 comments:

  1. Looks good!!! I like it; plus you can't beat a 3 minute blow dry...I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute... Jon (and your aunt) did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yes, it feels good knowing Jon likes it! Jude likes how it falls and tickles his face when I'm over him playing or changing his diaper. :-)
    Sarah - I bet!! Yours must take...15?? SO pretty though!! :-)

    ReplyDelete