Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend 2010



I had a wonderful first Mother’s Day weekend!! I left fairly early Friday afternoon with Jude to head for Moore, OK to see the Seilkopf’s, my sister’s fam! Jon stayed back in Keller due to a busy Saturday of Ultimate Frisbee!! Jude and I pulled up to their house around 6:00 and we took some time to say hellos and let the cousins play a bit before making our way out for a yummy Mexican dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Ted’s Café Escondido. Stuffed we came home to veg out, visit and go to bed!
Saturday morning we all slept in til’ around 9:00 and woke up to my bro-in-law making pancakes! Mmm good! My grandparents (mom’s side) live in Shawnee, OK and called to let us know they were on their way over and would be coming with us to watch Allen, my oldest nephew, play in his last soccer game!!


The weather was MUCH colder than anticipated so we bundled up, packed blankets and headed to the fields! The Strikers played great and we had fun cheering Allen on!
Jude however slept soundly thru the WHOLE game somehow!

I had such a great time seeing my sister and her boys…it had been TOO long!! Jude and I said our goodbyes around 6:00 Saturday night and packed up the 4Runner to head back to Texas. I counted the mile markers with anticipation and Jon seemed just as happy to see us as we were him! :-)
Sunday we got up and were actually able to make it to church ON TIME, an ongoing challenge for our household! ;-) We work the toddler room during early service then attend the 11:00. Lunch at home followed by a Tom Thumb grocery trip then we were off to Grandma’s house for Mother’s Day dinner and visiting with Grandma, PaPa and the Lowrances!!


I gotta say…THE BEST DINNER I’ve had in a LONG time!! Grilled Salmon, asparagus, pineapple, mixed veggies and a salad! “Good job boys!” It was DELICIOUS!! I wish I would have taken a picture of the food…mmm mmm mmm! Did I mention it was so good?!
Jude had a blast as usual and enjoys all his attention so much! Sugar, Grandma's chihuahua, was as jealous as ever! HaHa.

Everyone had him giggling and playing games with his tongue as usual. I love seeing him so happy and interacting with my family! I can’t wipe the smile off!
I got my hair cut then we played one card game (“Hand and Foot”) before heading back to our house.
It was a WONDERFUL weekend and a memorable first Mother’s Day!! I couldn’t have felt more loved and special!!

Thank you God for the loving blessings you have offered my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment