Friday, February 12, 2010

Feels like I’m walking in a pina colada!



I made it to work surprisingly fast and easy this morning. There were few on the road and the highway was fine for driving. Jon was sweet to help guide me out of the driveway and onto the street, that is until he pelted a snowball at the back of my 4Runner…scared the crap out of me! HE ofcourse thought it was extremely funny, LOL…silly boys! I was sure I had hit something til’ I saw him cracking up in my rearview mirror to which I then shook my fist at him ;-)


My trek from the car to my bldg at work seemed like it took longer than the drive in did! The snow made it feel like I was walking around in a huge pina colada that was melting fast, hehe. I was thankful I wore my tall boots! The Mocassins I chose to sport yesterday worked as fabulous sponges for the snow to soak into.



I will say the drive was actually quite GORGEOUS!! This is definitely the most snow I’ve ever seen in DFW…I think we got over 9” the news said?!? There were kids sledding down the hills along West 820 and my cube-neighbor at work showed me pics of him taking his 4 yr old son snowboarding at the golfcourse...SO CUTE! It makes me want to go snow skiing! I forget how beautiful the snow is and how much it brings out the young kid spirit in us all! It’s really wonderful when the temperature is still in the 40s and the snow is deep enough to play in like today!!


Looking forward to getting off work and going home to build a snowman!We did get some play-time in before I left this morning. Jude could barely hold his eyes open it was so bright out! He cried more than anything but it was really fun to get him out in it and take some pictures. Bentley LOVED being able to run around and get all wet and seemed to be posing for the camera…he was fun to watch!



No comments:

Post a Comment