Friday, December 3, 2010

Momma's lil' man is almost ONE!!!

I cannot believe it!! 11 days from now, my baby boy will be turning ONE!! *sigh* I still fall in love with him more every day! I adore being his mommy and am so so very thankful for the overwhelming joy he has brought to Jon and my life! We'll be celebrating with a party ofcourse to show off our "little cowboy" (LOVE how the invitations turned out!) but also wanted to take a moment to brag some on what's going onin our world with him RIGHT now too. :-)


No more formula or bottles! Hooray!! We're on to sippy cups, whole milk and solids!! This made for a very successful Thanksgiving!! He enjoyed tasting new things...especially Jon's cousins homemade cinnamon rolls!

He can still wear his 12 mos clothes for the most part but the sleeves are short and we've brought out the 12-18 mos to start the transition. As of 12/1 he weighed just over 21 lbs and was almost 28" tall. We go in for his 1 year appt on 12/23 and I'll post his stats afterwards.

As you can see, we still have a blondie! Jon and I both have blonde relatives so...who knows, just might stick!


He's a total ham, which I love!! He gives "high fives" and waives "bye-bye" with a huge smile! It's precious! He loves all of his fam...grandparents, his cousin Kathryn...he just loves people! Not a single sign of stranger danger yet.


He's no fan of the car but has become quite the road warrior by force after our Thanksgiving trip to Colorado! He did so great considering we were in the car (FULLY LOADED DOWN) for prob min of 30 hours!!

The boy likes to shop! HaHa! Could it be that I've been toting him from store to store from birth?! He's such a fun "partner in crime"...he thinks everything looks good on me! ;-) Judging by his grip on "The Princess Bride" I'd definitely say he has some of his daddy in him too! HeHe.

No walking yet but SO SO close! He holds on to anything he can to steady his pacing and he LOVES his VTech Walker! The most I've witnessed is 2 consecutive free handed steps but then he gets scared and drops as soon as he realizes what's going on. I'm A-OK with it too...this whole year has blurred by! He can crawl a bit longer for sure!! ;-)

Cuddles....oh the cuddles!I can't get enough and he's been in the mood to give me all I want lately. "Momma" is his favorite word and I LOVE HEARING IT!! we sing "La La La" together and ofcourse, he gives a "dada" pretty frequently too. He shakes his head when we tell him "NO" so I'm fairly confident he understands it's meaning.

THE TONGUE WILL NOT STAY IN HIS MOUTH!! This is the one thing I won't be sad to see him outgrow! It's like he watches our dog, Bentley, and copies him! It's cute...but won't be when he's 5. HeHe. We gotta get it under control! Please...

Bathtime is suddenly a struggle. I don't know what happened but one night he was having a ball in the bath tub and then the next he started screaming as soon as he hit water and ever since, it's been a no-go. Thankfully he does still enjoy a shower with daddy! Hoping we can try bath time again with more success this month...

That's enough for now I suppose. I could talk about him all day ofcourse! Yes, you can gag now ;-) I am so proud of him and just love him to pieces!! XoXo

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, Madison totally went through the bath thing. It was awful. She would scream bloody murder. We'd literally make bath time like under 3 minutes to keep the torture to a minimum. I'm happy to report after a few rough weeks one day she miraculously started loving it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! It's the weirdest thing! I worked with him this weekend and we made it through w/few tears but still not the enthusiasm that I'm used to. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one though...thanks for sharing! ;-) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean went through the same bath time terror for a little while too. It didn't last long though! I expect Gavin will pull the same thing in a couple months

    ReplyDelete