Thursday, March 25, 2010

Been a While...Update on Jude



It’s been a while since I’ve updated on Jude… He’s acquiring such a cute personality and growing like a weed!! I’m absolutely loving being his mommy! I can’t wait for the next beautiful day that offers opportunity for a Fort Worth zoo trip!
He weighs near 14 lbs now at 3 mos, 10 days old. We just transitioned into 3-6 month clothes and size 2 Pampers this week and as Shannon (Minter) made the joke… he’s eating like a grown man! Note: Jon unbuttoned his pants b/c they were so tight while we were out to eat with friends last weekend, hehe.




I bought some rice cereal Monday and we’ve offered it to him a couple times now. He takes it but still prefers the ease of a bottle…almost every 2-3 hours (4 oz)! Nights are a little better but he still wakes up hungry every 3-4 hours on avg. I’m ready to start adding to the liquid diet…mommy & daddy are a bit tired! LOL.
As far as health goes…he’s been suffering with allergies for over a month now!! His poor lil’ nose just runs and runs! He coughs every once in a while and it sounds so deep chested that it breaks my heart!! :( I worry and take his temperature often but so far, all normal there and Dr. Martin (pediatrician) as well as other moms tell me it’s perfectly normal and something that just has to run its course. *sigh* I feel so helpless! :-( Dr. Martin did give a prescription to help dry things up but that involves countering it with saline mist to keep his nose from getting TOO dry. Sheesh! Jude loves the medicine…you’d think it was candy and it seems to help but the saline…not a fan! We have to spray up each nostril with every diaper change. :( Far from a fun task to say the least…for all involved. Jon says that he now realizes how many boogers he has…and more so, what a nuisance it would be if they couldn’t be picked! :-P “Oh Jon…”
We have discovered that Jude’s current favorite toy is…the mirror! He could stare at himself all day long. He will reach out to touch his face and hit the glass with his hand and give a full gum showin’ grin. It’s hilarious! His head bobbles some as he tries to steady himself and he’s even head butted himself a couple times…just makes him smile even bigger!! Its pure entertainment for all that watch and I can’t get enough!! I crack up with him!
He still shows no want/need for a pacifier but does have a “lovey”…actually a couple, that have become a necessary! He loves the soft feel of the outside and even more the silky inside against his face. He cuddles them close and tightly…very cute! If he’s fussy, I can bring out a “lovey” and 9 out of 10 times, it calms him down right away.









Daddy seems to have the magical whistle... Jude just stares and listens as if he’s already processing how to copy-cat. He's quite the fan of Jon...and vice versa. ;-) I love it! I do however dread the day they are both whistling…different songs, at the same time!! Lord help me! HaHa.
Jude and I have been busy with playdates and neither of us can get enough! Jude is more and more curious and I love that he’s so socialable! So many of my friends are in similar places with children close to Jude’s age
and even those that don’t have children yet are totally cool about letting him tag along...he's a loved little boy!



















Daycare has become routine and easy! I’m so thankful! I was truly worried I wouldn’t be able to be a good mom working…not the case! It works for us! Jude loves his teachers and friends! Ofcourse, I do watch the clock waiting for 4:00 each day and I quickly rush from work to pick him up BUT it makes our nights, off-Fridays and weekends extremely special! I love my job and it offers such a flexible schedule… I now can’t believe I considered giving it up! Jude is such a happy boy…and so is mommy! :-)
Bentley, our 3 year old mini Schnauzer, stays jealous and watches Jude’s every move still. Jude just watches him and has become almost oblivious to his crazy mannerisms lately (ex: hopping over Jude on his playmate repeatedly until Jon or I come w/attention). We will grab the camera to snap pictures of Jude and Bentley rushes to sit beside him and share the in the “moment.”
It’s actually quite funny…and a little sad. Poor Bentley…it’s tough adjusting to not being an only child anymore! ;-)
A pic of Bentley rushing to be in the shot and Jude looking at him wondering what the big deal is…LOL.


That’s all I got for now…Thanks for reading! :-)

Much love,
Brooke

3 comments:

  1. His lovey is cute. Mali had one and no pacifier. I've tried to attach Eleri to a lovey but she is very attached to her pacifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brie! I've been told to consider myself lucky he doesn't show interest in a pacifier but sometimes I do see that it would be easier, LOL.
    How are your girls? They're so precious!! I love looking at all your pics on facebook and seeing what y'all are up to. :-) Do you find that they're really different in their preferences and stuff or alot alike? My sister says her boys (she has 2, 5 yrs apart) are complete opposites! Wild how that happens! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun... I miss you all and it seems like I have been watching Jude grow on the computer. I guess I am thankful to get that. I Miss our bi-weekly meetings. I keep trying to plan something but it seems soccer is going to keep us here :(

    ReplyDelete