Friday, January 14, 2011

Today's blog...brought to you by the letter C!

Today’s blog is brought to you by the lovely letter C…



1st C is for CRAVINGS:
Like COKES, CANDY…and CUPCAKES! I can’t get enough!! Skittles for breakfast? Well, don’t mind if I do! ;-) 2 cokes a day…will that hurt baby Joel? So hard to resist!!
And oh the CUPCAKES…I’m a bit obsessed! For those that haven’t already heard me talk about my earth angel, Erica, let me tell you her story. She is my step-brother’s sweet fiancé and she lives in Maryland, just outside of Baltimore. My step brother, Brandon, is stationed w/the Navy in Maryland…thus how they met and fell in love (awww). Before I ever met her, I mentioned to Brandon that there is a place in Georgetown (D.C.) that they both have to try called Baked & Wired


(http://bakedandwired.com). I tried them with Jon and 2 other girlfriends on a Washington DC trip we took a couple years ago and they have amazing CUPCAKES! He must have immediately passed on the information to her and within the week she sent me a dozen special ordered cupcakes straight to my door (early December) from Baked & Wired! Who does that?! So sweet! The story continues… Brandon and Erica stayed with my parents in West Texas for almost 3 weeks over the holidays. They took a week to come down to Keller and stay with us so Erica could see DFW before heading back home to Maryland. They happen to be with us for New Year’s Eve and that was the night Brandon proposed!! So romantic and fun and I couldn’t be happier to have been there to help CELEBRATE! Erica went back home a couple days later…Brandon is still in Texas for some schooling w/the Navy. Tuesday I received another “special shipment” of CUPCAKES from Erica as a thank you for playing hostess (which was totally unnecessary for the record…it was my pleasure, I had a blast)! They were waiting for me on my front porch after work. *sigh* Seriously, a little piece of heaven when I taste them!! This wonderful second batch is from a bakery called Bangerang Bake Shop
(http://www.bangerangbakeshop.com)... You really just can’t beat bakery CUPCAKES…even via mail and this bakery specializes in keeping the CUPCAKES uber fresh w/an individual jar for each!! My favorite so far is definitely The Big Salty CARAMELLA Fella! Delish!! The perfect COMBINATION of sweet and salty and it hit the spot!! Thank you, Thank you sweet Erica!!



2nd C is for CONGRATULATIONS & COMPANY:
If you know us, you know our door is always open for COMPANY! We have a sign that hangs above our guest bedroom that says “Live, Laugh & Love at the Howerton Hotel” ~ Given to us by my sweet girlfriend, Lara. :) Well, Brandon (step bro mentioned above) is coming today to stay with us for the weekend!! Him and Erica have set a wedding date for August 6, 2011 and have opted for a Texas wedding (Screaming YAY!!! to this) – CONGRATULATIONS you two lovebirds!! Having about 7 months to plan, we’re going to look at different locations for the ceremony/reception. I totally should have been a party planner. ;-) I love this stuff! So honored they’ve asked for my help!






3rd C is for Eric and Brie’s sweet little CHAMPION aka baby CURRAN Gomez: For those that want to follow CURRAN’s progress - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/currangomez is a journal that is being maintained daily with updates on how not only Curran is but on how the family is as well. Ofcourse, constant prayers are still needed and appreciated!



4th C is for my CRANKY CRYING CHILD: Jude has had a tough time lately… he was sick all last weekend so we stayed indoors and this week he transitioned full time to the “Walkers” room at daycare. I won’t go thru all the changes he’s enduring since I already blogged on it earlier this week (you’re welcome ;)) but I’m definitely ready for him to be on a routine schedule again! It’s proven none of us operate well when he’s...”off” – LOL. The good news is, we have seen smiles of plenty the past two days so I’m hopeful the end is near!!



5th C is for CHURCH: We’re still in search of a permanent church “home” but that being said… I’m so on fire for Christ that I don’t even mind! I feel God working in our lives daily and I know that he has taken lead and we’ll find where we belong soon. :)



6th C is for CLEANING the CLUTTER: Call it nesting but I can’t handle the CLUTTER of my house! I took out everything in my kitchen cabinets and am purging what we have never or will never use. I mean…who needs 20 Pyrex casserole dishes?? Really! Don’t worry, I’ll find them all good new homes. :) Next step…Jon has been tasked to build a toy box for Jude and Joel. When your toddler has a 1st bday AND Christmas in the same month…it tends to make your entire home resemble a Toys R Us sample sale more than the prior much humbler abode. LOL.

Thanks for CARING enough to read friends, Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Aww... great post! I can't wait to C you soon!

    Oh and sorry Jude's been so cranky. Eli was kind of whiney off and on for several weeks in December/January, but he's been really awesome and happy this entire week (thank goodness!).

    ReplyDelete